I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Attachment and Loss

From the Fairy Lights Tarot, the Four of Pentacles:
If you want to know how much you suffer from attachment, just lose something you enjoy or have a threat to your health. I've experienced both in the last few days. Storms knocked out our modem and router; while I've got the modem working, the router is another story (I'm envisioning backing over it with my car, followed by smashing what's left with a hammer). In this painting, a man leads a mule loaded down with everything plus the kitchen sink. I'm thinking the wrong one is having to carry all this stuff, though I'm sure the man sees the mule as a possession too. Actual loss or the real possibility of it can sharpen your focus, separating the wheat from the chaff. If I had to choose, I'd leave all that stuff behind if it meant I could have the blessing of good health.

From the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the "Lady of Unicorns:"
I groaned when I got this card - I just have a hard time imagining a horse with a horn stuck in the middle of its forehead. At least with fairies, I can think of them as some sort of dragonfly or something. But the biggest problem is this Lady symbolizes belief, and I just can't make myself believe something I don't. Perhaps "hope" would be a better keyword - not the kind of hope that is only an expectation to which I've pinned all my happiness. I mean the ability to I realize there are all sorts of potentials and possibilities out there that I'm unaware of. All things will be well, just maybe not in the way my ego wants to define them.

No comments:

Post a Comment