I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Quick Fishing Trip

From the Ancient Tarots of Lombardy, the Eight of Wands:
Wow, these are some serious, Bamm-Bamm (of the Flintstones) sized wands. Interesting that none of them have any sprigs of green leaves. In the Four of Wands a foundation has been laid, but now that has been doubled. This particular Eight of Wands reminds me of the completed construction of a house. I've never had a house built, but I've watch my parents do it. Once the foundation, walls and roof are up, there are a thousand creative decisions to make. What kind of flooring do you want? Wood, laminate or carpet? Wallpaper or paint? And what color? There are choices that most people would never even think about until they had to make them, like what style of knobs you want on your kitchen cabinets or the type of faucets in your bathroom. It can be almost overwhelming because of the time-frame.  Sometimes when time is of the essence, I can make quicker creative choices with my gut than my head, which tends to want to over-analyze that kind of thing.

From the Lenormand de Marseille come "Fish:"
  The King of Coins insert in this card is a huge help in interpreting the Lenormand meaning of the Fish as "resources." For people who make their living from the sea, this interpretation would make perfect sense. In addition, resources - financial or otherwise - can lead to freedom and independence. With the Eight of Wands above, I am encouraged to acknowledge and use the resources I have available to complete my creative projects. And here's a hint - some of those resources are not "things" but knowledgeable, skilled people.    

No comments:

Post a Comment