I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Hearts and Harbors

From the Gaian Tarot, the Child (Page) of Water:
This sweet little girl makes me smile, perhaps because she reminds me of my own daughter when she was that age. But kids grow up, and along the way they have their hearts hurt by people, groups and institutions. By the time of adulthood, most of us wear more armor than a medieval knight to protect ourselves emotionally. But this Page remains open-hearted and vulnerable, no matter what comes. She may experience heartbreaks and low points, but she still believes joy and kindness outshines them by a mile. Her message is not to stay with those folks who would take advantage of such tenderness, but to refuse to let the hurts of the past color the potential happiness of the present.

From the Goddess Oracle comes "Hestia:"
This is an interesting pairing of the Page's water with Hestia's fire. But the flame of this goddess is not about impulsive, headstrong passion. Her concern is of hearth and home - the qualities that make a house feel like a comfortable, safe haven. If I am going to maintain the Page's openness, I need a place where I can heal, unwind and rest from what I experience out in the world. Hestia encourages me to make my home sacred space, a place that feels as welcoming as a friend's hug.


2 comments:

  1. you make me like this page card. It was one of the ones I really disliked and why I sent the deck to Kissa. :)

    ReplyDelete