I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Equilibrium and Equanimity

From the Alchemical Renewed Tarot, the Six of Vessels:
What I noticed about the clay jugs (besides the variation in shape) was that some had wide openings and some had narrow ones. The wide mouths would be easy to pour water into, but the narrow openings would be better for pouring liquid out into another jar. It is similar to my being more open to receive love in times past (wide) yet being more willing to give than receive during other periods. Yet the jug the woman holds has two openings - a small one for pouring and a large one for filling. It reminds me that I need this kind of emotional balance in my life to maintain an equilibrium.

From the Oracle of the Radiant Sun comes "Protection - Moon in Aries:"
The combination of Moon (security) and Aries (self-will) leads to a powerful need to respond emotionally and immediately to a situation. The mother figure with the tiger below indicates this display will be with claws extended and teeth sharpened. I do have emotional triggers when it comes to the people or pets I love, and I can be a little over-the-top when I react. This card reminds me that it is possible to show my strength without leaving mangled body parts behind.


2 comments:

  1. This six of vessels reminds me of the motif in fairy tales of a pouring water in or out a jar without spilling anything. This is only possible when you are calm and focused and completely balanced
    This is a beautiful rendition of the six of cups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I never would have made a good waitress! :D I agree that it is a lovely take on the Six of Cups.

      Delete