I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Outside the Mental Box

From the Wheel of Change Tarot, the Two of Swords:
I used to love making paper snowflakes when I was a child, especially since snow is as rare as hen's teeth here. First a circle was carefully cut out, then it was folded in half and again in fourths. From the sides and ends, snips of shapes were trimmed. The exciting part was unfolding the circle, because you never knew exactly what it was going to look like. Such is the dilemma of making choices - no one can ever foresee what the consequences will be. The snow theme of this card reminds me to pause long enough to put my emotions on ice in order to make a more sound decision.

From the Oracle of the Dreamtime comes the "Barramundi:"
This wisdom story is the aboriginal equivalent of Romeo and Juliet. Instead of following the established order of doing things, a young couple rebelled and followed their own ideas. In adding this meaning to the tarot card above, I am reminded the traditional way of handling situations is not always the best. A good decision today may depend on me being able to think outside the box.

4 comments:

  1. Mostly decisions out of the box comes to us when our minds are as sharp as the shards of ice we've put your emotions in. Sometimes we have to brood a little while longer but it sure does give us a boost when we find an original solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Returning back to you, to tell you how much your friendship means to me and how I enjoy our daily exchange of thoughts
      Hugs

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ellen. :) I have been working on a "spiritual project" because of the video you posted about on your blog. I've been attracted to and influenced by several deities in my life, and I am currently going through each of them and choosing a name for them based on the qualities of each that were meaningful to me. As I'm doing this, I see it is not the "face" a deity wears or the religion it is connected to, but the teachings and spiritual emphasis each represents that is what is important. So in effect, you have been the scissors that are helping me cut out my snowflake. :)

      Delete
    3. Wow thank you Sycamore How wonderful to realize we are on the same journey; share the same idea's
      Apart yet together

      Delete