I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 11, 2014

Be Like Water

From the Buckland Romani Tarot, Kolo (Zero) - the Fool:
Though the boy might be blindly following the bluebird off the cliff, his canine companion looks eager to make the jump. If the dog (his survival instincts) is so enthusiastic, I don't think there are jagged rocks or crocodiles down below. I needed this encouragement to embrace the day ahead with childlike trust. I've got a birthday party (with my mom coming into town) early today and my first beginner's meditation class tonight. As someone who likes order and structure, it's hard to let go of my expectations and worry. I'll think I'll tuck the words of Russell Simmons in my pocket today: "one of my favorite quotes from the Bhagavad-Gita (the main religious scripture of Hinduism), is 'You have control over your work alone, never the fruit.' To me, that means stop worrying about how much success you have (the fruit) and instead just stay focused on your work itself. Because when you embrace the process of your work, instead of focusing on the results, you’ll be much happier and do a much better job."

From the Lakota Sweat Lodge Cards comes "Mini - Water:"
I can't think of another element whose meaning and symbolism would agree so well with the Fool above. Water is receptive; it doesn't fight obstacles, it just moves around them. There is no jumping up and down of droplets yelling, "But this isn't how I planned it!" Flow and flexibility are its lessons, reminding me that plans are fine as long as I don't attach an expected outcome to them.

2 comments:

  1. Go with the flow is the most effortless way of living. Living like that is embracing life moment by moment. I will try to do the same :)
    I wish you a good day and a lot of fun with both the birthday and the meditation class. I wish I could be there tonight!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes and the reminder of "moment by moment." I wish you could be there tonight too! :)

      Delete