I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, September 12, 2014

One Person at a Time

From Waking the Wild Spirit, the Knight of Water (Cups); from the MentorSpirit Cards, "Partnership:"
A young man pauses on a ride up a mountain when he spots a young deer. Normally I see this Knight as a romantic in love with love, but this fellow has a large dose of idealism too. He has a gentle nature but strongly believes the whole world should operate on the three "H" principles: healing, happiness and harmony. I'm sure he'd feel right at home with the Dalai Lama who maintains, "My religion is love." His role is to spread this message of goodwill to all.
The Partnership card has a lot of green in it, which made me think of someone who is down-to-earth. The Knight of Cups definitely needs someone like this to help him stay in the realm of reality. He wants to heal the whole world, but his realistic partner will show him how to do it one person at a time.

5 comments:

  1. he sure has a big sword for the knight of cups. are you sure his intent is all love and peace? Knowing Poppy I can't see it as meant anything else, but it makes me wonder.

    Off fishing today. Wow it is so weird to be untethered. the baby chicks has 1/4" tail feathers now! And are mad monkeys for dried mealy worms...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She may have meant it as his Sword of Truth, as in his idealism of living together in harmony. :)
      Hope you enjoy the feeling of lightness that comes with being untethered. You deserve it my friend! (Hope the fish are biting, though I imagine just being in that peaceful place will be enough.)

      Delete
    2. This is good to hear. Enjoy your day!

      Delete
  2. I often like the dreaminess and idealistic nature of the Knight of Cups. It reminds of when I was in my twenties and thought we would change the world. I've been to a lot of peace demonstrations. refused to wear leather was a vegetarian and whatnot! :D
    If a Knight of Pentacles would have tried to slow me down back then he would have had a difficult time with me :D
    Where has the time gone??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to being very idealistic in my younger years! I suppose my focus now is more on Gandhi's suggestion: Be the change you want to see. :)

      Delete