I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 6, 2016

Right Timing, Right Motive

From the Jolanda Tarot, the Knight of Pentacles; from the deck Bird Signs, Swan:
          While this Knight likes to plan things down to the smallest detail, there comes a time when he must put his plan into motion. Looks like he's finally gotten the ox hitched, the field plowed and is now sowing star seeds. The geese flying overhead remind me of the Migration card I drew the other day and made me think of right timing. Often I get caught up in wanting to dive into something without much investigation or work first; other times I'm so obsessed about one thing, other important things slip by without my notice. I must have an equal dose of patience and attentiveness to know when to act. As Willie Nelson once said, "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
          Swan has been assigned the keyword "beauty" as this bird moves in the water with such grace. I must admit that I think of swans in a similar way as the A-list girl clique in the movie Mean Girls - beautiful, but not nice. I've noticed some folks locally have resorted to using swan decoys to keep the Canada geese out of their ponds and lakes. The Knight and Swan together suggest that actions should take into account the effect on others instead of just myself. In the words of Sayyidina Ali, "Beautiful people are not always good, but good people are always beautiful."        

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm this post gives me lots to think about, but thinking won't get me far if I don't get my butt in gear.
    I suppose most of us think well what's the big deal if I don't get to it and at it. True I am hurting myself but there are those who would and could always benefit from or move forward when we plan and put the plan into action. I guess I might call it sins of omission. Argh I'm guilty! No thanks to the swan but thanks for the goose!;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I probably do more harm than good when I don't act - unless of course my motives are completely selfish ones! :)

      Delete