I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 25, 2016

Crossing at the Crossroads

From the Tarot of the Masters, the Five of Coins; from the Key to the Kingdom, the King of Hearts:
          I can relate to these tired, broken people - not so much financially, but feeling downhearted and hopeless. Holidays have a way of putting me in this mindset with an added dollop of exhaustion. It is instigated by being around my relatives with whom I have very little in common except a bloodline. Yet Ricklef makes an important point about this card: "poverty of the body does not reflect or create poverty of the soul." Rather than roll in self-pity, I'd do better to get out my spiritual toolbox. The King of Hearts card is based on a poem about King's Cross, an inner city area of London, England. It was named originally for King George IV, a man remembered for his extravagant lifestyle and selfishness. Formerly a red-light district, the area was revitalized by the construction of King's Cross Railway. The rhyme starts off with the king having a temper tantrum and ends with these lines:
King's Cross!
What shall we do?
Leave him alone
For a minute or two.
Indeed, time has a way of changing things. My job is to remain compassionate and kind toward myself and others. After all, I don't have the power to change anyone but myself and my own attitude.

8 comments:

  1. I like that quote, something to be mindful about " poverty of body does not reflect or create poverty of the soul."
    This is the third day with a King presented to you. Has some dominant man shown up during your holiday or maybe something you need to take charge of? Have a fab day after Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a family of matriarchs rather than patriarchs, so no dominant men here. :) I think what I need to take charge of is my own heart.

      Delete
  2. My annual mystery quilt begins today...I can't be bothered with family pecking order :) I agree with Carolyn, that is fine wordsmithing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah the mystery quilt - hope it is an engaging activity for you. :)

      Delete
  3. I hope you can rephrase your Holiday expectations and perhaps try to be more like a witness than a hopeful participant
    Wishing you lots of patience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My expectations were actually met - I had no dreams of a Norman Rockwell get-together. It just makes me sad.

      Delete