I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 31, 2017

A Clear Recognition

This week I'll be using the Osho Zen Tarot, created by Ma Deva Padma with Osho and published by St. Martin's Press. I'll also be using the A'HA Oracle, created and self-published by Linnie Lambrechtsen. The card draws for today are the Rebel (Emperor) and 'Humility:'
          This Emperor is a bit like George Washington who saw oppression and decided to throw off its chains. Of course the original revolution happened first within his mind, thus the question from the booklet: "Are you courageous enough to take responsibility for who you are and live your truth?" His bright colors and question remind me of the LGBT movement's struggles and successes over the years. This rebel is a symbol of integrity - outward actions match inner values. The motto of Clan Sutherland (part of my ancestral line) is "Sans Peur", meaning "Without Fear." Sounds like a good mantra for living one's truth. Yet the Humility card is a gentle admonition not to use the sword of truth to make heads roll. It suggests a balance of rights and responsibilities for everyone. The oppressed shouldn't become the new oppressors. As Bill Wilson explained it, "humility amounts to a clear recognition of what and who we really are, followed by a sincere attempt to become what we could be."

As 2018 approaches,
May everyone be freed from the root of suffering
And discover the root of happiness.
May everyone find within themselves
The courage, calmness and strength
To meet any challenges they may face.
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. I think you are living out your clan motto in the best possible sense!

    Just looked up McCaulay clan (my dad's side of the family) motto 'danger is sweet' with a shoe as a central symbol. I expect to live it tonight as I go out in my high heels...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo... not just any shoe, but a boot with a spur on it! :D I don't think I'd make it out the door in high heels without twisting an ankle. Hope you have fun!

      Delete
  2. That happens a lot, people who overcome their odds and then mirror exactly what they championed; a vicious cycle. Humility will help us all realize that arrogance comes with it's own chains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That seems to happen when rights take a front seat to responsibilities.

      Delete
  3. truth. or the ever popular alternate truth...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I suppose those who prefer to keep their blinders on have 'fake truth.' :)

      Delete