I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 1, 2018

Embrace Your Seasons

From the Osho Zen Tarot, Postponement (Four of Swords); from the A'HA Oracle, 'Fruition:'
           Life seems colorless and gray from this side of the window. But perhaps this woman is just feeling the aftershocks of the holidays and needs to rest body and mind. I've got a long trip tomorrow, first picking my mom up in one town and then taking her to another city for out-patient surgery. My back doctor has been on vacation, and so I've been trying not to aggravate a back injury in order to do the driving. But it's a new year, and my mind and body yearn to be doing something constructive or creative instead of resting. I'm antsy looking through that window of possibilities. Yet the A'HA card of Fruition suggests that I'll be in that vibrant landscape soon, I just need to be patient and take care of myself for now. Things won't happen just because I want them to; I have to put forth an effort, which in this case is rest.
 Give more respect to the cycles that govern the earth - they’re good for you too. Winter gives birth to the buds of spring and the glory of summer. So rest. Revive. Renew. Embrace your seasons. ~ Sophie Chiche

6 comments:

  1. When I'm stuck in a day
    That's gray,
    And lonely,
    I just stick out my chin
    And Grin,
    And Say,
    Oh
    The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow
    So ya gotta hang on
    'Til tomorrow
    Come what may

    Tomorrow!
    Tomorrow!
    I love ya
    Tomorrow!

    now that lyric will be circling your brain. :) all the best 2018

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could use a bit of sunshine, but at least I'll have a 'sunny' song stuck in my head. :D

      Delete
  2. ‘Embrace your seasons’ I love the quote from cliche. Perfect for the first day of the year. I believe there is much untapped joy in living more in sync with nature and the seasons. One of my intentions for 2018.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nature is one teacher who only requires the payment of our attention. :)

      Delete
  3. I am taken with both of those cards, and you reading of them make perfect sense. Get out of the house and bring some color back in your picture. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've rested body and mind today, so I should be in good shape for the road trip tommorow. :)

      Delete