I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Bring a Bulldozer

From the Hezicos Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the Way of the Horse, 'Merlin's Spirit:'
          Can you imagine a parent sending a toddler out to play and then forgetting to check on him the rest of the day? I imagine most of us do this with our thoughts; we allow them to wander all over the place without keeping an eye on them. Martin Luther wrote, "You can't stop the birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair." If I'm paying attention to what neighborhood my mind is playing in, I can steer it to a safer street if necessary. Failure to do so will eventually find me pinned down and feeling overburdened with no clue how I got to this point. Merlin's Spirit shows a meeting of power and strength with gentleness and mercy. We often choose sides, thinking one mindset excludes the other. But that's just the kind of narrow-minded thinking is like a house with no windows or doors (or fresh air). The only way out is to demolish the house and rebuild with a more open floor plan. 
It is only when we become obsessed by our ideas about what we think we are or should be that we become blind to the reality before us. —Mark Unno

2 comments:

  1. Ah, a house with open doors and windows...That makes me long for Spring. Taking a walk has the same effect I guess. It always makes me feel refreshed and it clears out the grey attic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had more freezing weather here in the last few weeks than we had all of last winter. I too am longing for Spring. Someone (who knows how much I 'love' cold weather) sent me a quote: "I don't go outside unless the temperature gets above my age." :D

      Delete