I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 19, 2018

Unarmed Truth

From the Delta Enduring Tarot, the Warrior (Knight) of Moths (Swords); from the Southernisms Oracle, 'Can't:'
          This Warrior fights with a sword in each hand; Einstein's words are his clarion call to go to battle: "In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same." But I am concerned that his helmet covers his eyes, and I wonder if his beliefs are self-generated. Has he asked those he claims to be fighting for if they feel oppressed and unhappy? I stepped into a situation about a year ago with the intent to 'correct it,' only to discover the people there were quite content with the status quo. I was the pot-stirrer. The Southernism "Can't never could" advises that if we don't think we can accomplish a goal, we likely won't. Adding it to the overly enthusiastic Warrior, I can see how easy it would be to have dreams squashed because of big personalities who are very vocal in their opinions. But loud and full of confidence doesn't necessarily mean right. Sometimes it's the heart that must be followed rather than the head.
I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. 
~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

4 comments:

  1. It has been along time since I heard the phrase 'can't never could.' Your knight reminds me of the very first movie Star Wars, and
    Obi-wan Kenobi was starting to teach Luke Skywalker the ways of the force. He put a hooded helmet on him and told him to "trust the Force" to complete the task.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this knight could use some of Obi-wan's training. :)

      Delete
  2. breaks my own heart when I realize I'm pressing my right onto a situation. I really should know better by now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I don't realize I'm doing it until I look around and see I'm the only one outraged.

      Delete