I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Human Tabernacle

From the Swietlistej Drogi, the Six of Pentacles; from Mirrors of the Heart, 'Sanctuary:'
          This card brought back a lot of memories. I was raised from infancy mostly by my grandparents while my single mom went back to school and worked. It was a simple life, but I felt loved and had extended family next door (three girl cousins). Right before first grade, my mom married a man who had four children. We moved far away from my relatives and I found myself the odd duck in a new family, none of whom looked or thought like me. My youngest step-brother, who was only a few months younger than me, eventually became my friend. I had someone to play with and share my feelings with; I was no longer lonely. I'm convinced that relationship saved me. This particular Six of Pentacles reminded me that sharing resources can involve more than just money. Sanctuary can be defined as a sacred place that offers refuge. While it may be a physical place, it may also be within the heart of another person.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing some of your story. You and your step-brother enriched each of your lives, definitely a Six of Pentacles story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing how the illustration brought back the past so clearly. :)

      Delete