I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 26, 2018

Love and Loss

From the Cosmic Tarot, Strength; from the L'Oeil de Lotus, 'Abundance:'

          A naked young woman holds a cloth with a lion on it in front of her. Her strength doesn't come from wealth, physical might or manipulation, but through compassion and courage. The oracle card explains the abundance it refers to comes from a spiritually based love, a love that puts all selfishness aside. It reminds me of the Bible verse in which Jesus tells his followers, "I have come so that they may have life and have it in abundance." He wasn't talking about money, but acceptance, a sense of belonging, and kindness in action. My oldest kitty died this morning; I've been trying to make sure she was comfortable as possible these last forty-eight hours. If I thought she was suffering, I would have had her euthanized. But she hated the vet with an impressive passion, and so in her final hours I wanted her to be in a place she felt loved and safe. It was hard to keep my heart open and be present rather than close it to avoid the hurt. The abundance card surely reflects the love and loyalty pets bring to our lives. I'll miss my bedtime reading companion.
Ms. Streak (2003-2018)

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of the passing of a beloved friend and family member. The ache of loss is the sorrow of love, but what joy there is in memories of days shared. I brought my mature cat home from animal shelter yesterday. Miss Kitty is about 6 and currently in hiding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carolyn. How true that there is sorrow in such love, but I wouldn't want to hide from love in order to avoid the pain.
      I'm so happy you've given Miss Kitty a new home! She's a very lucky feline. :)

      Delete