I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, November 30, 2018

Road Markers

From the Cosmic Tarot, the Two of Swords; from the L'Oeil de Lotus, 'Betrayal:'
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. ~Douglas Adams

          When intellect and emotions become so intertwined that finding the truth is like being in a marsh at midnight, it's time to call a truce on decision-making. The Betrayal card is a warning that emotional beliefs can easily bend the truth until I'm convinced I'm speaking honestly and acting with integrity. Yet there are a few road markers to help me know if I'm traveling a path of integrity.
  • I keep my word and commitments.
  • I admit when I've made mistakes but don't enable unacceptable behavior in others.
  • I keep my focus and notice when I intentionally create distractions.
  • I don't pronounce something as true unless there is evidence of it.
  • I am sincere and respectful without people-pleasing; I act responsibly without getting caught in the 'shoulds.'
From an objective self-perspective, I take exit ramps from this road a lot without even thinking. So perhaps taking some time like this woman is doing to be aware of what's rattling around in my heart and mind is the best preventative.


2 comments:

  1. When I start eating badly, I realise I'm veering off that path. I'm now trying to notice before I start eating badly. One thing that helps is to draw cards regularly to check on what's going on with me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone needs some sort of checks and balances system, otherwise we can turn a blind eye to things stirring below the surface.

      Delete