I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Piercing Through

From the Nature Spirit Tarot, the Six of Swords; from the Australian Wildflower Cards, 'Water Ribbons:'
          Six swords pierce a water lily leaf, suggesting logic has finally pierced through emotional turmoil. A Western skink's tail falls from the leaf, a symbol of letting go. We are often confronted with situations that cause our hearts to constrict in pain - watching a loved one's slow suicide with drugs, a couple's marriage that begins to crumble, or a friendship that seems to be dissolving. Though we might use all the knowledge and resources we have, it may not be enough. The truth is, we can't fix other people or make them do anything. It can feel like we're losing a part of ourselves, but if we want to stay sane we have to learn to detach, keeping our hearts open but our hands off. Water Ribbons is an aquatic plant that usually grows in fresh water. Though its tubers stay rooted in the mud, its long leaves (2 to 3 meters) float downstream like ribbons. Darcey gives this card the keyword 'freedom;' it seems to parallel the Six of Swords which suggests we stay rooted in reality as we navigate turbulent waters.
I do know that detachment is important. A surgeon can't be weeping into the open wound.
~Randa Haines

4 comments:

  1. Your VI of Swords interpretation is so timely for me right now! Thank you. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my 30's I finally recognized I couldn't fix people. Even before that I should have realized my fix wasn't the right fix..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's some wisdom - knowing that the help I want to give someone may not be what they really need.

      Delete