I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 29, 2018

Uncovering and Dispersing

From the Mythic Tarot, the Page of Pentacles; from the Symbolon, the 'Jester:'
          This Page of Pentacles is based on Triptolemus, a young prince who graciously received Demeter when she was mourning the loss of her daughter. Demeter would later teach him the art of agriculture. He is a good example of paying attention in order to learn because we never know where a teacher might appear. Triptolemos' name is derived from the Greek words triptos and lemma meaning "He who Pounds the Husks," implying that learning doesn't come without effort. The Jester represents a truth-teller in comic form; as Uranus in Aquarius, he likes to turn the world upside-down in order to move it forward. These two cards are a reminder that it may take some courage to share what has been learned when it goes against the status quo. Like Galileo Galilei who discovered the Earth revolved around the Sun (rather than vice versa), we may find ourselves branded as heretics or just plain crazy. Yet nothing will grow and develop when kept from the light.

The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie. One word of truth outweighs the world. ― Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

4 comments:

  1. Ask and the teacher will appear. So far not for me, I just keep winging it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm of the mind that when we just remain open (rather than looking for them) they will appear. :)

      Delete
  2. And of course the teacher may not come in the form we expect - like the lesson learned when you fall on your butt! On a more pleasant note, I got a Muse headband for Christmas, and am enjoying the interesting perspective and feedback on my meditation practice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not heard of the Muse headband before; I'll have to check it out. My sleep has been nonexistent since we got flooded, but a lady I mentor just told me about weighted blankets so I have ordered one to try out. :)

      Delete