I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 10, 2018

Hydration

From the Nature Spirit Tarot, the Queen of Cups; from the Australian Wildflower Cards, the 'Grey Spider Flower:'
          Herzel illustrates the Queen of Cups with the Western honey bee and the blooms of an orange tree (the lily and willow are nods to the water suit). The symbols of sweetness - smell and taste - represent this queen well. Have you ever seen the dry pulp left over after a juicer has crushed all the liquid from a fruit or vegetable? That's kind of how I've felt these past weeks; it helps to have someone like the Queen of Cups to listen to my feelings without judgment, who can pour liquid life back into my desiccated spirit. The Grey Spider Flower is a shrub that has fuzzy flowers that appear on the tips of its branches in late winter. Darcey assigned 'faith' as its keyword, which made sense when I found out the propagation of this plant is helped along by nicking the hard seed coat to expose the embryo. Experiencing cuts made by the vicissitudes of life can cause a type of 'terminal uniqueness' in which I feel as if no one has it as bad as I do (and can keep me feeling like that dried-out pulp). The Pali word for faith - saddha - literally means "to place your heart upon." It has nothing to do with defending, competing, or rigidly believing something. Instead (in the words of Sharon Salzberg), it "opens us to what is beyond our usual, limited, self-centered concerns." In other words, I'm not alone and there are infinite possibilities that stretch far beyond what my limited perspective can see at the moment.

3 comments:

  1. A Pair of Queens to start the week. If gambling I would say "go all in"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made me think of the women friends I have - what a blessing they are!

      Delete