I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 14, 2018

Turkey Talk

From the Nature Spirit Tarot, the Tower; from the Australian Wildflower Tarot, the 'Turkey Bush:'
          Two turkey vultures perch on a pine snag; these carrion scavengers use their keen sense of smell to detect gases produced by the beginning process of decay. The implication is that what we think has been protecting us is actually dead, and like a gangrened appendage, needs to be cut off. Doing so means a chance to live more fully. The Turkey Bush was so named because wild turkeys find it a good place to hide when hunters are about (thus its keyword 'inspiration'). Rarely does a solution come without a problem; as the saying goes, necessity is the mother of invention. The tearing down that comes with the Tower is meant as a challenge and directive to find a new way of doing or thinking about things. We have the option of shaking our fists at the heavens or putting our hand to the plow. Only one of those will bring forth a beneficial harvest.

2 comments:

  1. I shiver a little when the Tower makes a show. Makes me want to hide out a 'turkey bush.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had rain since last night that will last through today and tonight, so I'm quivering a bit myself. However I did email the city commissioner for my Ward with my concerns with a photo of a tape measure at 31" (how high the water got). He just emailed back saying he would look into things, so at least I don't feel as helpless as before!

      Delete