I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 10, 2019

Completely Awake

From the Tarot of Timeless Truth, the Ace of Swords; from the Shaman's Oracle, the 'Hunter of Dreams:'

The path of awakening is not about positive emotions. On the contrary, enlightenment may not be easy or positive at all. It is not easy to have our illusions crushed. It is not easy to let go of long-held perceptions. —Adyashanti

          Vey describes this Ace of Swords as "the truth that cuts through your illusions" and brings "challenges that test your strength and shake your ideas and perceptions." Illusions and ignorance can hide us from reality, which often seems like a much more comfortable, cozy place than seeing things as they are. But pulling the covers over my head won't change anything for the better and will probably allow the problem to grow deeper roots. The Hunter of Dreams creates a back door into the mind to open the doors of perception that we thought we had securely bolted. We will have to face life, one way or the other. As Pema Chodron puts it, "To be fully alive, fully human, and completely awake is to be continually thrown out of the nest. To live fully is to be always in no-man's-land, to experience each moment as completely new and fresh." Yet having that fresh view (with my head out from under the covers) is what will help me find the answers I seek.

4 comments:

  1. "continuaLLY thrown out of the next. I typed that 4 times and it came up next every time. I seek the new the push the different but it wears me out and I have to wonder why I do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know why I do it - to distract me from realizing I'm hanging on to the outside of the nest! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes it is. A shame they haven't created windshield wipers for the mind!

      Delete