I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 31, 2019

This Hour

From the Touchstone Tarot, the Sun; from the Waterhouse Oracle, 'The Shrine:'
The Sun offers understanding and clarity in their infancy; wisdom can grow in this garden if the mind stays awake, eager and curious. This is not another day, the child reminds us, but a new day. It gives us a chance to see from new perspectives and a choice to break out of old habits. The Shrine shows a woman sniffing the flowers placed on an outdoor garden shrine. Though the alcove is hidden from view, this is a sacred place dedicated to a figure of awe or respect. The pause to honor could easily be applied to the day itself. I just watched the most beautiful sunrise; my first reaction was that I needed to grab my camera. But my second thought was, "But getting distracted with the camera will make me miss most of it - it's fading fast." I can't freeze-frame what I enjoy in life and crop out what don't. It comes as a package deal and deserves my attention.
Happiness, not in another place but this place...not for another hour, but this hour.
– Walt Whitman

4 comments: