I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, January 14, 2019

Nothing But the Truth

From the Morgan Greer Tarot, Justice; from the Goddesses and Sirens, 'Persephone:'
 You can't handle the truth!
~ Colonel Jessup, "A Few Good Men"
          Do we really want to hear the truth or just our version of it? I know that pain is a natural by-product of living in this world, but the suffering that adds to that weight grows from roots in the bottom of my feet. However, that doesn't mean I see this truth immediately when life is hard. Like Persephone who lived part of her time in the darkness and part in light, it takes me time before I'm willing to shine the light and take a deeper look at things. I'm not a completely bad person, nor am I completely good one. But being willing to open my eyes to the truth can help me become a better person.

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness we are not all one thing or the other. Boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true - definitely not interested in being a Stepford wife, lol.

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure truth was ever as interesting as it is today. We can take nothing we read or hear as truth, probably a good re-lesson to learn. If we take everything as ho-hum face value we forfeit the privilege of thinking for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Buddha who said just because an elder says something or you read it in a sacred book or even if he says it, don't believe it until you test it against reality.

      Delete