I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 25, 2019

The Telling of Stories

From the Victorian Romantic Tarot, the King of Cups; from the Dreaming in Color Deck, 'Foreboding:'
          I imagine this King of Cups knows what Aesop knew - stories stick better than simply giving advice about ethics and morals. Wrap what you want to teach in tales of challenge and courage, loss and love, and forgetting and finding if you want the listener to remember. Yet there are some stories that we should avoid because they are more harmful than helpful. The Foreboding card seems to point to a dark storm that is coming. But I know if I am stressed and worn-out, I'm likely to be over-sensitive to any information I receive. What may seem like a strong intuition about an impending catastrophe is likely just my emotions on overdrive. Time to turn off the news channel and find some quiet stillness for relaxation and recuperation.
Before you jump to conclusions & get all stressed out,  try taking a few deep breaths & capture your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I have got those same 99 problems in my head but it is more like 98 of them are completely made up. I always remember that there is a bit of truth in fables and myths. Too much of that tv crap does make the world a bit more scary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some stories have purpose and some stories just make us neurotic! 😊

      Delete