I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, April 22, 2019

Job Choice

From the Alchemical Tarot, the Eight of Coins; from the Oracle of the Radiant Sun, 'Mars in Taurus:'
Stamping faces on coins can seem like a monotonous task, which is why Place describes this card as repetitive work that lacks creativity but offers wealth. Is it wrong to be employed in a position that pays the bills but isn't very fulfilling? I'd say that if it allows me to make money that can be used to do the things I love, then it's okay. The line in the sand would be whether it infringes on my principles or causes harm to myself or others. The 'Mars in Taurus' card suggests defending something that is valued. I've had jobs that some people thought were 'beneath me,' but they paid the bills and I enjoyed them. So strange that we define the worth of people by what they do. I imagine the guys who do garbage pick-up would be put on a pedestal if they all stopped doing it and piles of stinky trash started to accumulate.
Every job is good if you do your best and work hard. A man who works hard stinks
only to the ones that have nothing to do but smell. ~Laura Ingalls Wilder


No comments:

Post a Comment