I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 13, 2019

Maturation

From the Fey Tarot, the Eight of Pentacles; from the I Misteri della Sibilla, the Seven of Clubs:
We can't see what this fey is diligently working on, but judging by the paint supplies and spatters, she's quite focused. She knows what every artist knows - you have to keep adding to your knowledge and skill set to be successful. Today is my daughter's birthday, and I see myself in this fey as I continue to learn how to be a good mother. No longer do I parent a toddler or a teen, but a grown young woman. I too am diligently learning - how to offer advice only when it is asked for and how to let her fight her own battles. It seems a listening ear and emotional support are my roles now. The Seven of Clubs is translated as 'great consolation' and implies security after a time of instability. I would definitely say that describes our relationship; we've become close friends as we've both matured in our roles.

4 comments:

  1. and you have to keep adding to your supply of materials stash :) things get used up, but undoubtedly you don't have the right color to do what you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, that is a part of the fun (and expense)!

      Delete
  2. I was not a mommy this time around but got to spend lots of time with a niece. At 27 she does not need her aunt for much of anything, except to bring her keys when she locks herself out of house or car. I guess that is something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think aunts are easier to talk with and lean on for some kids. Your niece is lucky to have you!

      Delete