I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 7, 2019

New Starts, Lighter Loads

This week I'll be using the Fey Tarot, a book and deck set created by Riccardo Minetti and Mara Aghem. This set was published by Lo Scarabeo. The oracle deck I'll be using is the I Misteri della Sibilla, created by Ettore Maiotti and published by Dal Negro. Today's draws are the Fool and the Seven of Diamonds:
          The Fool represents the blank page or the empty container - there are no opinions or rigid beliefs, so an abundance of possibilities exists. On the other hand, there's little knowledge and experience, which means there's a chance of being gullible and undiscerning. The collection of keys he wears will eventually unlock his mind as he makes his way, some in good ways and some in not-so-good ways. Yet his potential is as wide as the sky, and he is willing to learn even if it brings some hard knocks.
          The Seven of Diamonds is illustrated with a small child and offers the same opportunity as the Fool - the chance for a new beginning with an emphasis on curiosity and simplicity. A child has no expectation of perfection and willingly engages in all sorts of exploratory activities without worrying about messes or mistakes. Sometimes the best new starts involve a lighter load.


4 comments:

  1. Lovely kick off for the week. I look forward to seeing the Fey for the first time in years. When I had it, it freaked me out so much I mailed it to Argentina post paid ;) The figures all seemed like nuclear holocaust victims at the time. I' think I'm over that particular nightmare, I now suspect we go out clubbing each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I get along much better with the Fey than I do angels, vampires and such.

      Delete
  2. Both are looking off to the left. Wondering if is okay to go ahead, who then are they seeking approval from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps saying goodbye. It was a shock to find out Cat (of Apple River Tarot Readings on Blogspot) had died.

      Delete