I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Coming in for a Landing

This week I'll be using the Nature Spirit Tarot, a book and deck set created and self-published by Jean Marie Herzel. I'll also be drawing from the Australian Wildflower Reading Cards, a set created by Cheralyn Darcey and published by Rockpool. Today's cards are the Eight of Wands and Sydney Rock Rose:


          The eight crystal-tipped wands are rooted in lavender plants and backed by common horsetail. Whatever effort has been applied and resources used are now producing some results that are coming in for a landing. The lavender suggests that I not run around like I have ants in my pants, but slow down and wait calmly. The horsetail comes from a prehistoric lineage; its rhizomes can pierce through the soil up to 6 feet in depth. This plant encourages me to stick to the wisdom of facts rather than spin off into speculation. Garden centers that sell the Sydney Rock Rose advertise it as a tough shrub that thrives on neglect. In other words, it embraces whatever conditions it finds itself in. It endorses acceptance, the ability to accept reality as it is and come to grips with what can be changed and what can't. As those eight wands make a landing, the end result might not look like I envisioned it. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a failure, just a bit different than expected. As chapter 2: 47 of the  Bhagavad Gita cautions, do the work but don't get attached to the outcome. 


2 comments:

  1. story of my life and days, a little different than I expected

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never as expected, sometimes with some nice surprised.

      Delete