I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Hefty Keyring

 From the Secret Forest Tarot, the Ace of Cups; from the Faeries' Oracle, the Guardian at the Gate:

I'm pretty easily overwhelmed and pretty tough as well. I think I'm tougher than I used to be. There's been a lot of hardship along the way. But that's what life is. And it's how you deal with those things, and how you let them shape you that makes you a better person and defines what sort of person you're going to be. ~Nathaniel Rateliff

          Like the lotus or water lily, sometimes beautiful, amazing things grow out of the muck. I can easily think of several women who (in my opinion) have dealt with more than their share of hardships. Yet their hearts remain open; their generosity, compassion, and kindness are easily witnessed. Their challenges have not shaped them into bitter people, but people who remain grateful and find joy in small things. They are my role models. The Guardian at the Gate allows those who are ready to pass from one phase or stage to the next. People who have not developed emotionally and spiritually, who remain self-absorbed and unaware, do not go through. But those who deal with what comes as best they can - rather than shaking an angry fist at the universe - have quite a hefty keyring.


4 comments:

  1. Guardian 'at' the gate. By whose appointment? Many fancy themselves as the guards...much to my derision.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the trick isn't it? Not to become embittered. Holding onto anger and bitterness ends up eroding our own-selves. These days, I can let go a lot sooner that I used to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely - bitterness hasn't an ounce of proactive behavior in it.

      Delete