I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Tailored to Reality

From the Greenwood Tarot, the Two of Pentacles; from the Rune Cards, Raidho/Rad:


          The painting of the 'mad March hares' seems apt for those times when I have so much to do, I battle with myself about what deserves to be prioritized. Yet the Anglo-Saxon poem gives me a clue that might be of help: "Riding seems easy to every warrior while he is indoors and very courageous to him who traverses the high-roads on the back of a stout horse." As this verse implies, sometimes how I envision something in my mind doesn't fit the reality of it very well. This rune (rad/raidho) also suggests ordered movement. Before trying to arrange my tasks and duties, I need to check my assumptions: Is this actually true or has it been shaped by my feelings about it?


3 comments: