I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Pass It On

From the Nature Spirit Tarot, the Six of Pentacles; from the Australian Wildflower Reading Cards, Crowea:


Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.
~Helen James

          Moths (in this case, the Giant Silk Moth) are like butterflies in that they represent a type of transformation. In the Six of Pentacles, that radical change comes when an imbalance is recognized and there is a desire to correct it. Many people have graciously shared their knowledge and resources with me, and I need to do the same. This choice is not based in pity for the other but in gratitude and seeing them as equals. The flexibility of bamboo reminds me that what is freely given should have no strings attached. The receiver may do what they want with what is given. Crowea is an evergreen shrub that often produces flowers when many other shrubs are dormant - in the autumn and winter. It reminds me that what I can conceive of as a likely outcome is just a small speck in the realm of possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment