I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Common Sense Sacrifice

From the Norse Tarot, the Hanged Man; from the Wolf Pack, 'Be Alert:'


A lover of wisdom and knowledge, Odin hung himself on the world tree, pierced himself with his spear, and gazed in the Well of Urd for nine days and nights. At the end of the ninth night, he perceived in the water's depths the runes, a sacred alphabet. The Hanged Man in Odin's case was about personal sacrifice for the greater good. This seems appropriate for my travels today to my mother's home. I've promised her a full day of labor, to do the things she can no longer do. In this case, my sacrifice is a labor of love. Be Alert provides a needed warning when traveling or working. I recently had a near-fall from a ladder because I was exhausted but tried to keep working. Getting hurt would negate the benefits of any sacrifice, so attention and common sense are especially needed today.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the day with your Mother. Thankfully she is still around and needs you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am grateful she's still around and enjoyed helping her today. :)

      Delete