I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Egg Cracking

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the Rumi Cards, 'Egg of My Heart:'


We all have times when we act as if we're an expert. But when this idea of being an intellectual master becomes a habitual pattern, we begin digging a hole that we unknowingly are standing in. Hitting rock bottom is hard because we rarely see it coming (always thinking we have a strategy to outsmart anything). And if we blame others instead of our own actions for being in that place, we can stay there for a long time. But judging from the Surya Ravi Mudra ("seal of life") he's making with his right hand, he might be at a point of surrender. This mudra is said to help with balance, vitality and positive transformations. The Rumi Card suggests that compassion can often be the trigger that breaks through the intellectualism of another. If I tell someone what they need to do, they probably won't listen. But if I tell them of my own experience and how I coped, they just might. Such compassion is based on equal footing, rather than the offering of an expert to an imbecile. 

2 comments:

  1. do you remember the thread at AT, something like 'all the things I didn't know about the RWS'? I do not believe the mudra on the 10 of swords is on that thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember learning about this on the AT forum, but I don't remember where on the forum! I miss all those discussions that were just a sharing of information...

      Delete