I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Remembering My Wings

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Five of Swords; from the Rumi Cards, 'The swan beats its wings':


It used to be that people knew how to civilly discuss topics - listening, asking questions, and forming thoughtful replies. Now it seems like any discussion turns into a debate. People demand to be the center of attention as they spout their opinions, trying to prove themselves right (and rarely listening). As the saying goes, "My way or the highway." But such a childish attitude decreases our knowledge and creates great division among people. There is no healing, only great harm. Yet Rumi's swan that rises with joy implies that we don't have to rigidly self-identify with the opinions we hold. If I were to look back at each decade of my life, I would readily see how much my ideas have changed. When I can take 'self' off the table (use my wings), I hear more clearly, and remember we are more than an unchanging box of opinions.

2 comments:

  1. Many need to be 'right' to shore up their self-esteem. I too have had those issues in the past, not so much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my draw for today shows the likely outcome of always needing to be right.

      Delete