I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 17, 2022

Dark House

This week I'll be using the Tarocchi Celtici, created by Laura Tuan and published by De Vecchi Italia. Paired with it will be the Art of Asia, an oracle I created for my personal use. Today's draws are the Four of Water (Cups) and "Winter Moon on Toyama Plain" by Takahashi Shotei:


The water nymph appears to be trying to help the Ash tree by giving it a tonic. The keywords for this card are health, healing and energy rebalancing. Our body will often send out subtle signals when our mind and emotions are off kilter, and we can experience it as moodiness and lethargy. The symbolism of the Ash (purpose, roots) and the meaning of the Ogham Nion (connection) enhance the quote associated with Shotei's painting:

The moon has her porches turned to face the light, but the deep part of her house is in the darkness. 
~ Robert Bly

When we look for the cause of our mood, it may be as obvious as a bad dream hangover. But sometimes we must dare to walk into our dark house to find the root. Carefully and without judgment, we look for what may have triggered this mood. It may be baggage from out past, and a situation or interaction in the present that seemed similar poked it. Once discovered, we can bring it out and expose it to the light, checking to see if there is any truth to what we've found.


2 comments:

  1. So many of my dreams have me trying to find my car. I am fascinated with how many of them having me leaving a building and finding that my car is not where I left, and is no where to be found in the dreamscape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that dream feeling of being lost or unprepared is a common one. I often dream I'm at college and have forgotten the right books or where my classroom is located. :)

      Delete