I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 10, 2022

The Sharper the Bite

This week I'll be using the Prisma Visions Tarot, created and self-published by James R. Eads; the companion booklet was written by Katherine Tombs. The oracle I'll be using alongside it is the Secret Language of Color Cards, created by Inna Segal and published by Beyond Worlds. Today's draws are Justice and Auburn:

As we move through this beautiful and troubled world, may we vow to be a beacon of peace, a fearless carrier of respect and lovingkindness for all life, a teller of truth , a voice for justice, a protector of those who are vulnerable or targeted. May the power of wisdom, integrity and compassion be our guide.
~Jack Kornfield

Katherine Tombs writes, "The sharper the bite, the sharper the sword." This card brings home to me what Thich Nhat Hanh emphasized over and over - peace and justice begin in my own heart and move outward. There is no way I can carry a boiling cauldron of hatred in my heart and make wise choices or choose skillful actions. If I attempt to, I'll only create a cycle of perpetual problems and destructive chaos. Auburn reminds me to place all my senses in the here and now; doing so allows me to be an objective observer of my body and mind. I can catch the tension in my body and those rage-filled thoughts before they goad me into action. Calmness can bring clarity, and clarity can produce choices that heal and help.


No comments:

Post a Comment