I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 25, 2022

Resilience and Restoration

From the Swietlistej Drogi, the Nine of Wands; from the Mirrors of the Heart deck, Earth:


A woman tenderly cares for a man in the last hour of his life. Never before have I see a Nine of Wands card that I could so viscerally relate with. Anyone who has cared for the dying knows the heaviness of bearing witness to another's pain and passing with compassion. Such attention is a gift to the dying (and ourselves), but it is physically and emotionally exhausting. It is no wonder that the Earth card shows up too. After that kind of experience is over, it's only human to second guess ourselves - "I should have... I wish I could have..." Though we carry it in our mind, the event is already in the past; it is time to ground ourselves in the present by using the comforts of our senses. 

Feeling rooted in the earth is soothing to the body, and it is our connection to the earth that gives us our most basic sense of belonging, home, resilience, and safety.
― Jessica Moore


2 comments:

  1. It took me several years to get beyond the wondering of what I could of, should of, and did while tending to my parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's natural; in reality, they were just likely comforted by your presence.

      Delete