I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Healing Arrows

This week I'll be using the Greenwood Tarot, created by Chesca Potter and published by Thorsons. The oracle I'll be using is the Rune Cards, created by Tony Linsell and Brian Partridge and published by Anglo-Saxon Books. Today's draws are the Nine of Arrows (Swords) and Oak/Ac:


Based on paintings found in the caves of France, there is speculation that the hunting bow may have been used as a musical instrument from as early as 13,000 B.C. In Potter's drawing, a woman uses her bow as a healing, musical instrument rather than a weapon. The Anglo-Saxon poem for the rune for Oak (Ac) speaks of this tree with much respect as it feeds the pigs which provide meat for men and it provides the wood to make their boats. Thus it represented usefulness and potential power. Together, both of these cards remind me of a quote by Pema Chodron: "If someone comes along and shoots an arrow into your heart, it's fruitless to stand there and yell at the person. It would be much better to turn your attention to the fact that there's an arrow in your heart and to relate to that wound." In other words, we drop our story line and look beneath it to see what is creating our anger or fear. We tend to our wounded heart rather than trying to battle reality.

4 comments:

  1. Makes me think of Captain Kirk from one of the Star Trek Movies, "I want my pain, I need my pain" Some don't want to look beneath, they need their stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Kirk must have liked his emotional drama! No thanks, for me!

      Delete
  2. I'll enjoy this pairing this week! The same person bought both my Greenwood auctions...I was pretty stunned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a reason to be stoked! I'll be thinking of you and holding you in my heart in the coming month.

      Delete