I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Boosting Confidence

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Mother of Fire (Queen of Wands); from the Bird Cards/Ascension to Paradise decks, White-eye:

The Queen of Wands doesn't just tell us to follow our passion, she helps keep the fire burning. She's an ace at encouraging us when we have doubts or get discouraged. I've got a great encourager as I work through a biweekly sketch prompt challenge. Judy (who is quite talented herself) is wonderful at giving helpful tips as well as boosting my spirits. Her support gives me the confidence to keep practicing. And as I keep at it, I've found the work to be not only enjoyable, but also a great outlet for stress. White-eyes are sociable birds who eat mostly insects but also enjoy fruit and nectar. Their most distinguishing feature is a conspicuous ring of tiny white feathers around their eyes. They remind me to focus not only on what I'm working on, but to look at and be inspired by the work of others. Seeing different techniques can help me think and work outside of whatever box I've been working in.

No comments:

Post a Comment