I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Dealing with Instincts

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, Strength; from the Gemstone Oracle, Girasol:

The tremendous danger is that this belief - that genuine happiness comes only from pleasant feelings - becomes a strong motivation to stay closed to anything unpleasant.
~ Joseph Goldstein

Strength is like a coin with two sides, both dealing with our natural instincts. One side deals with finding our inner fire of courage, realizing that what we must do is more important that what we fear. The other side involves finding a way to stay calm and grounded, understanding that our rage and frustration will not make any situation better. Girasol is a hazy, pale-pink variety of quartz. It's name is Italian and means "turn towards the sun." It represents those times when we feel vulnerable, and so we just try to stay 'hazy,' hunker down, and avoid it all. Yet a tepid approach is often no better than our rage or fear. But if we can turn toward our source of strength, we will eventually see with clarity and be able to respond with the appropriate action. 


2 comments:

  1. I am working through this same Strength issue...the courage to do what is more important, at least for me, than what I fear. In this' time out stage', anxiety has risen. Waiting, waiting, waiting, because of delayed surgery, I realized how not relaxed and okay with the world I am. The work is ongoing, as it always will be throughout our journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I know how waiting can ramp up anxiety. Staying grounded - using all the tools I have and learning about others - is the only way I can manage it. (((C)))

      Delete