I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 29, 2022

Recycled Thoughts

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Six of Air (Swords); from the Bird Cards and Ascension to Paradise decks, Goose:

The early experiences we have gone through develop our core beliefs, and then we operate on that basis. We need to be willing to bring awareness to ourselves, inquiring deeply into our operating system and what is underneath it. Over time we see our core beliefs, and when we see and understand their erroneous nature, we can release them. ~Lama Palden Drolma

The keyword given for the Six of Air/Swords is clarity. Suffering is often what helps me be willing to follow the roots of my misery back to my own mindset. At some point, that mindset was probably useful, but it wasn't meant to be permanent. But since it was helpful at one time, the mind keeps trying to recycle it. Goose has long been know as a guardian and gatekeeper, honking and flapping as an alarm when an interloper appeared. My body is the goose of my thoughts - its tension and constriction can alert me that my thinking is headed in a direction that will bring neither peace nor clarity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment