I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 28, 2022

Ingested Thoughts

From the Vision Quest Tarot, the Moon; from the Bird Cards/Ascension to Paradise decks, Flamingo:


There are times when the door to my unconscious is slightly more open than usual. The outward signs are that I'm more sensitive or prickly than normal. Generally it's because I'm about to experience something that seems similar to a situation in the past (and might include related people, places or challenges) that has caused stress or pain. Sanity arrives when I figure out every experience is different, especially because I can make different choices. It's no wonder that a group of colorful flamingos are called a 'flamboyance.' These wading birds get their color from the carotenoids found in their diet of animal and plant plankton. They're message is to be careful of the thoughts we ingest and nourish the mind - they may color the way we perceive in ways that aren't the full truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment