I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Door of Opportunity

From the Tarot of the Master, the Seven of Coins; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Caput Draconis:


The Seven of Coins is assigned the keyword 'pride' in this deck. Judging by the skull among the coins on the wall, there has been some recognition in the past for accomplishments. Yet the cherub holds two other coins for the present. I've learned that pride works for me when I compare my past efforts to my present ones rather than measure myself against others. In the latter case, such comparisons only make me self-absorbed, and I quickly lose my focus on what I'm doing. Caput Draconis ('head of the dragon') suggests that an acknowledgment of what has been produced has led to a door of opportunity. Best not to let a swelled head keep me from fitting through that doorway.

Now vanity is the fruit of opinion; it is born from it and nourishes itself upon it.
―Jean-Jacques Rousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment