I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Personal Almanac

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Hermit; from the Mystic Glyphs, Moon Phases:


The Hermit reminds me that, rather than making new year's resolutions, it might be a good idea to reflect on how I responded to the past 365 days. Can I observe my patterns and determine whether they were beneficial or kept me stuck in an unskillful rut? What did I do that was constructive and useful? How did I relate to the people whose path also crossed my own? Now, acknowledging what I've found, I can decide what I want to do less of and what to do more. The Moon Phases are a reminder that nothing is set in stone. Even if external circumstances change very little, I can change how I react to them.

We don’t have to view ourselves as victims of an external world or as victims of our conditioning. We receive the fruit of seeds of the past as our experience right now, and we can choose to do what is helpful right now: to plant beneficial seeds.
—Ben Connelly


 

No comments:

Post a Comment