I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

THINK First

From the World Spirit Tarot, the Seer/Page of Swords; from the Mystic Glyphs, Judgement:


This Page's fox companion seems to know what she does not: just because we're good with words doesn't mean we should use them indiscriminately. As the Judgement card encourages, we need to use some discernment before opening our mouth. The T-H-I-N-K acronym (attributed to Alan Redpath) is a helpful way to do just that:

T Is it true? Is it accurate, factual information, or is it just hearsay or my opinion?

H Is it helpful? Will this benefit everyone involved or just me?

I  – Is it inspiring? Will this encourage or discourage others?

N Is it necessary? Will harm come to someone if I don’t speak or act? Will an opportunity for  good be missed?

K Is it kind? Are the words I say chosen carefully and compassionately? Are my actions considerate and respectful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment