I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, October 19, 2023

Course Change

From the Tarot of the Enchanted Forest, the Ten of Challenges (Swords); from the Mushroom Spirit Oracle, Fairy Inkcap:

Our opinions and the actions that result from them all have consequences. When we're making the wrong choices and rigidly holding on to blind beliefs, life will give us gentle nudges to correct our course. When we refuse to listen, we eventually get a brick to the head that will flatten us. Life isn't punishing us, it's trying to save us. The tiny, delicate Fairy Inkcap brings the gift of humility, a subtle attribute that can be life changing. 

For me, humility has come through recognizing the subtle ways in which arrogance permeates my life. It is the arrogance of needing to be right, of projecting my worldview on to others, of all the judgements and predispositions that I carry with me all the time. It is a filter between my self and the experience of life as it actually is. ―Lorenz Sell

No comments:

Post a Comment