I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Play Date

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Three of Cups; from the Wisdom of the Four Winds, the Tree of Life:

Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr. Seuss

Three lasses have donned fool's robes, making me think of Halloween and going trick-or-treating. But instead of candy, they might be asking for a refill of their cups. I remember over forty years ago going to the grocery store with friends (when we were 'in our cups'). We took dozens of kid and adult sunglasses off their display stand and adorned all the fruits and vegetables in the produce section, chortling the whole time at our artwork. There is nothing like laughing until you cry as a pressure valve release; it can reset one's outlook on life. Pohutukawa - the Tree of Life in Maori mythology - is a tree that can survive on the salty edge of the land, clinging precariously to impossible rocks and cliffs. With its crimson, feathery flowers, this tree has a spiritual meaning for Māori, connecting the beginning and ending of human life. In my busyness, when I forget how precious those limited circles around the sun are, it's time to find some friends for a play date.

2 comments:

  1. I have been enjoying these 2 decks together and I own them both. A play date sounds perfect, I must draw a card of the day. I've gone back to the Tarot of Mystical Moments lately, and I’m still working with the Inner Eye Oracle and loving it. I set up a new digital journal for The Herbcrafter’s Tarot so I’ve been fiddling with that as well. I bought a half pan of Winsor & Newton Green Gold watercolour too for play. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen the Inner Eye Oracle before, and I like it!
      I trashed two hours of watercolor work this past weekend - I'm learning that my play time should not include any tag-along duties!

      Delete