I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

It Happens

From the Out of Hand Tarot, the Wheel of Fortune; from the Seashells Playing Cards, Keyhole Limpets:


Life is something that happens to you while you're making other plans. 
―Margaret Millar

We are currently having to replace the storm drainage system in our city to prevent constant flooding when there are heavy rains. The main area of construction this past year has been downtown, the section where the hospital and many doctor offices are. Lately, there are days when I understand this fellow's frustration of having plans to get somewhere important and on time, then having them upturned. No matter how well we plan, life happens, putting things into play beyond our control. The conical shape and low profile of the Keyhole Limpet allows this sea snail to withstand waves that smash against the rocks to which they attach themselves. Humans tend to expect life to bend for them, but we are the ones who must shape our attitude to it by learning to respond rather than react. 


3 comments:

  1. Is this like finishing my new “Koi Fish” puzzle by Eurographics and finding that there’s a missing piece? Aaagh. I love these playing cards because they identify the shells. Remember the Don Knotts movie “The Incredible Mr Limpet? (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arghh! That would be frustrating! Can you get a replacement? I researched each of the shells and found that several had been put in a new genus or species. And one was actually a freshwater snail, not a sea snail, lol. But at least the Latin names gave me a more direct route to investigating them than the common names.
      Mr. Limpett!! :)
      And my guilt at being conned into another pirated deck led me to back the Kickstarter before it ended!

      Delete
    2. I was quite impressed with the relatively lower price of the Kickstarter compared to what it will go for on her website. I was watching Jamie compare the original with the pocket edition on YT and I actually prefer the pocket one. Good news all around, so you’ll have a pristine deck to use. Yay!

      Delete