I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Keep It Personal

From the Out of Hand Tarot, the Queen of Swords; from the Seashells Playing Cards, the River Nerite:


Truth has no special time of its own.  Its hour is now - always.  ―Albert Schweitzer

The Queen of Swords encourages us to look at the evidence in front of us and see the truth of it. It can be tempting to spend our time watching the changing seasons outside the window; while a nice distraction, this will not help us get to the root of our issue. The River Nerite lives in freshwater and brackish water (where freshwater mixes with seawater); its shell has a fishnet-like pattern. This snail reminds us not to have an 'all or nothing' attitude and to avoid getting bogged down in unimportant details. We only need to find our truth, not answers for everyone else.


2 comments:

  1. This deck….my personal card is the Queen of Swords, and I was just journalling with a fountain pen this morning at 4:45 am. I have a stack of journals and art journals like this too. You see why I wanted this deck? (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely your golden grail! I'm trying to appeal an MRI that the insurance denied after my husband had it, so this card was meaningful for me too!

      Delete