I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Tangled Up

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Hanged Man (Bird); from the Gemstone Oracle, Rhodonite:


I wanted the whole planet put into stasis until I could catch up.
― Anna Sheehan

This little sparrow has gotten tangled up in a catbrier vine. VanderHoeven describes this card as stasis, a state of inactivity due to powers beyond our control. It can be maddening when we have an agenda and are prevented from carrying it out. Thoughts like "This is what I want to do" or "This is what I want to prevent" swirl in our minds and make us more frustrated. But if we can relax and look at things simply as they are (without our agenda), we might instead ask, "What is possible for me to do now?" It might be that we need to be patient, or we might need to start freeing ourselves from our 'shoulds.' Rhodonite suggests gratitude, which often reminds us of the resources we have instead of focusing on those we don't have.


2 comments:

  1. OR this little bird might be in the dentist’s chair like I’m going to be in 1.5 hours…I love rhodonite and have a raw slab of it on a stand—looks like a piece of art. (Judy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bless you! I have a fear of dentists even though I have regular checkups. I hope your visit will be better than expected!

    ReplyDelete